Sunday, July 17, 2016

New Toy (the Canon Rebel T5)

[Update: Addendum below the post]

Wife got me a new camera for my birthday, a Canon Rebel T5. Here's what it looks like:


Yeah, big lenses. When I press the shutter button halfway, the lenses rotate back and forth accompanied by a robotic whirring noise. Sometimes they elongate without being instructed. I am neither deserving of it nor competent to use it. I don't know how much it cost and she won't tell me. (I know, I could google it, but would that please her? A woman's mind is unknowable.) In addition to pictures like the one below, it shoots 1920x1080 high definition movies. It's not the most expensive camera out there (I saw one for 28,000 dollars online somewhere), but I'll never need another. I've gotten far enough to take the following picture (of a flower in my yard). Click to enlarge. And that's still two sizes smaller than I could have linked to. But computer screens are only so big. Anyway, my old Canon Power Shot could not do this. Not even close.




Someone who can really do flowers is Don at Shuffly.net. Take a look at these. Todd McKimmey, facilitator of two web presences, The Christendom Review and What's Wrong with the World, ain't bad neither. I think these guys spent more money on their stuff than my wife did.

No comments: