Sunday, July 17, 2016

More Photo Fun

I promise to return to blogging about serious things real soon, if I can figure out what those things are. In the meantime, a few shots I took with my new camera. Inspired by my friend Zippy, who knows about cameras (apertures, f/stops, depth of field, ISO, etc.) I've been trying different things, much of it unsuccessful. You won't see those here. The learning curve is pretty steep. Believe it or not, there is actually a Dummies book for my camera (or rather for people who use my camera), and probably for yours too.

Anyway, forthwith: the pics of the two houses were shot across a lake with a 300mm zoom lens. One house was about a half mile away and the other a few hundred yards. The ibis was taken with a 55mm lens, and I've linked to the full size version so's you can see the detail from about 25 feet away. The water scenes are from the shore of Lake Conway. All can be enlarged by clicking.


From Dad's backyard


house on water


another house


Ibis


storm clouds brewing


9th hole at Dubsdread

No comments: