Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Don't Drive Drunk

I used to do it. Was defiantly proud of my ability to carry it off. Sometimes had a good laugh the next day. But after a friend introduced me to this young woman via email, it's hard to even think that I did it, let alone raise a smile about it:



The reason is that she doesn't look like that anymore. This isn't another email urban legend. Verification and some useful links are here.

Or you can just go to her page and watch video interviews of both her and the man who did this to her, look at the powerpoint slideshow, or maybe even decide that you might want to help her out.

Her name is Jacqueline Saburido. Sorry, child, I don't know what to say. But I do still fervently hope that suffering has meaning.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not the type to get choked up, but that powerpoint presentation just tore me to pieces. I keep thinking if it were one of my little girls, and how to have the strength to keep on living

William Luse said...

I'm with you Robert.

Anonymous said...

How strange... I just happened upon this post a few days ago, and yesterday in my 20th Century Humanities class we were talking about Flannery O'Connor. Of course, I was the only one in the class who had read the short story, thank you very much, professor.

A quote that seems appropriate:

"Gentlemen, when two separate events occur simultaneously pertaining to the same object of inquiry, we must always pay strict attention." Agent Dale Cooper, Twin Peaks :o)

William Luse said...

Your welcome, Susan, but I think you meant to append this to the previous post, so I'm going to move it up there.
Still going to school, huh? Humanities, huh? Probably means another research paper.