Friday, September 07, 2012

Something never to forget about Obama

This video ad was put together by the Susan B. Anthony list, originally ran all across Missouri, and was scheduled to run "in the time frame," whatever that means, of Obama's speech to the Democratic convention. I didn't watch the speech, but caught a snippet on the news in which he claimed that the 2008 election wasn't about him, but about you, meaning us. By 'us', he did not mean all of us. Catholic Joe Biden delivered (I have heard) a passionate stemwinder reminding us how important it is to re-elect his boss. Joe must not know this thing about his boss; otherwise, as a Catholic, he'd be horrified. Wouldn't he? I also hear that Cardinal Dolan offered the closing prayer. I wonder if the TV carried it, and what the crowd's reaction was. It contained these lines:

Thus do we praise you for the gift of life. Grant us the courage to defend it, life, without which no other rights are secure. We ask your benediction on those waiting to be born, that they may be welcomed and protected.

The video's at my other site. I got it via Jill Stanek.

No comments: