Saturday, January 10, 2009

Looking for Fr. Neuhaus, or...

...they sure named this Institooshun after the right guy. I remember watching Fr. Neuhaus on Firing Line way back when, mostly in the 80's. So I went looking through the Hoover Institution's Firing Line archives and found him. Well, I didn't actually find him, but rather proof that Hoover had him hidden away in there somewhere. There are over 1500 fully archived Firing Line episodes, of which a mere 400 are available for viewing or purchase (any online streaming limited to 5 minutes). Father Neuhaus was in a bunch, but not a one is available for "viewing or purchase." Not one. I especially wanted this one. I remember it. It was a good one, filmed not too long after the publication of The Naked Public Square. Too bad. Thanks for nothing.

2 comments:

TS said...

The Firing Lines are coming online on Amazon.com (I think there's about 80 or so now...the latest just came online a month ago so maybe sooner or later Novak's appearance will be available.

http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1231643195/ref=sr_pg_3?ie=UTF8&rs=&keywords=firing%20line%20dvd&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Afiring%20line%20dvd&page=3

Anonymous said...

Thanks for hunting that up, TS. They've got a long way to go, but it's a start. I notice the Muggeridge interviews are available, which I'd recommend.